Thursday, July 3, 2008

Farewell is a sweet sorrow!!

My farewell mail to BPL, my life for 4 1/2 yrs.. somewhere still is... :-)

Dear Team Mobile,
I walked through the main security gate on 3rd Nov'03 as a young, nice, naive management graduate out of her 1st job from campus into this massive, fast speed, high growth telecom industry to work for a company called BPL Mobile Communications Limited. That day seems like yesterday and now at the end of my stay here, I believe due to this company and its people I am still young, hopefully still nice, confident and rich with experience that today defines my very being.
What made the biggest difference were an amazing bunch of people here......
.............people who made me rack the monetary side of my brain and wonder why it existed (read Finance)
.............people who made technology seem both simple and rocket-science together (read IT / Tech)
.............people who made me look into every nook and cranny of my "oh-so-AMAZING" products (read CAG / CS /RRMT & other back-end teams)
.............people who verified and re-re-verified the products (and made very needful suggestions) till the time we changed it to a new product to be verified (read : the front-end teams)
.............people who supported in all this madness of work in a strong and silent way ( read HR /Admin/Legal)
.............all the sales and marketing gang, who despite anything and everything, made work so driven and full of fun
.............the entire VAS team with whom I have had a fun time working..
last but not the least, to all my friends at BPL Mobile across departments, we work hard (numerous 1st time products and processes), we party hard (Racing aheads) and we believe that this company is the very best in the industry.
There could not have been a better & talented set of people and so much excitement at work. Thank u each and every one of u for your over whelming replies to my mails. It is very touching and I am honored to be part of such a fantastic family. A big thanks, all the very best to all of you & hoping you stay in touch !

One response worth mentioning that really really touched my heart:

Dear Nirupama,

I take this opportunity in wishing you all the best for all your future endeavors

And all the best in your personal life too..

What I loved about you... is your openess to suggestion and implementation.

And Most important is you ' Listen ' and not just ' Hear ' . I Guess this will take you very far in your professional life as well as personal.

You are Simply the Best we had in Marketing. We will surely Miss You.

Many years down the line, I know u will remain the same... Pls do not change..

All the best !!! Keep smiling as always !!! Keep in touch !!!

A BIG GOD BLESS TO YOU & YOUR FAMILY....

Warm Regards,

Kellen.


-- This was one of the many many many mails i got back from a team of more than 400 people.. felt so nice and humbling and fulfilling that i was able to touch people's lives in a way they have touched mine. made me realise, its important to voice your appreciate more often than wait for someone to leave to tell them the importance they hold in your life and the effect they have had.. try and do that!!

No comments: