Thursday, July 3, 2008

And miles to go before i sleep...

And miles to go before i sleep...


makes a different sense to me everytime i read it. am i getting wiser or this poem just has many meanings... i dont think many people know that the poem has another name!! :)..
My miles to go before i sleep... long miles everyday - 21 kms before i sleep everyday from work to home in the bombay city... and specially at 11pm, the sleep seems more important and the miles ironically seem longer than usual.. :)

my 1st impression of this phrase was when at age 3 i saw it on a traditional embroidered cloth framed and put in my uncles house made by my cousin sister for her art class project.. those words got her an A grade in class.. i am sure not for what they stand but simply cause she was that good in what she did even if it was creativity at a different level...

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Robert Frost

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there's some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.




No comments: