Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Customer care stories... Chapter 2

theres a fight for Chapter 2 cause there are 4 more chapters that have come up since chapter 1 has been put in place.. 

so personal experience is chapter 2.. 

neeru at icici bank, mahalaxmi...

Once upon a time.. i bought a car "Super Sexy Silver Santro" and took a 4 yr loan for it. i am now the proud owner of this beautiful piece of machinary as my loan is cleared. Please Note: You need to take a NOC from the bank where ur loan was and take it to the bombay RTO registrar office to have it attested on your registration book. that proves that u own the car. 
(i like this please note section, my way of imparting my learning to the world :D ) 

So with all my car papers, i head to the ICICI bank, Mahalaxmi branch twice to get this NOC letter. 
The 1st experience, i was truly impressed and delighted with the whole transaction. The sweet lady (cc exec) took my papers, checked her system for my account, there was some outstanding, asked me to clear that. So i go stand in front of an empty cashier counter waiting. another sweet lady (cc exec) calls the cashier from inside to make sure i dont wait long. truly appreciated!! once my payment is done, all clear, the 1st sweet lady puts in a request for the NOC in her system and tells me it shall be couriered to my billing address. (Now starts the reason for the 2nd visit.. pls read on). The billing address turns out to be of my old office and now that i dont work there, i have it changed to my residence. i shall live there for a while that was sure..!! :) so!! address change and NOC requests put in place into the ICICI system. NOC TAT given as 4 working days. too good to be true but it went on very smoothly.. 

Within this TAT, i get a call from a courier agency saying I dont work at the billing address and i cannot deliver the NOC letter there... I realised, too good to be true.. my address change did not go through. so post a conversation with the courier guy, he tells me that it shall be sent back to the branch, pls go collect it from there. (See 2nd visit reason shows face) its already been a week since i put in the request. So i head back to the branch and explain to them, this is what happened.. they check their records, ask me to fill in an envelope with the RIGHT address (which is by the way no different than the one in their system) and tell me that in 4 working day the NOC will be posted to the right address. (Now starts the brilliance of the cc execs) I ask them, when i had already put in an address change request, why has it NOC been delivered to the wrong address.  there comes the brilliant answer - "the updating and courier happen from 2 diff locations, we only update the address, why it has not been couriered to it, we cant tell u" hello!! isnt it the same system!!! million dollar question, and then the tubelight glows!! the exec with the help of the 1st sweet lady, checks a few things and finds out that the address change happened after the courier request was processed. so not effective.. on not so happy realisation, the NOC shall be couriered in 4 working days only. I told them, its already been 6 days, cant it be done quicker.. they put things into motion and tell me that in 2 days i shall get my NOC at the right address and i got it!! :)

3 good things: 
1) 1st interaction was hasslefree, smooth and delightful
2) courier came in within 4 days
3) rectification post not so happy realisation was done - prompt action taken

3 bad things: 
1) major system goof-up, address change not getting effective before courier request resulting in 2nd visit and 8 days delay 
2) Not taking responsibility as a company.. "this happens from 2 diff locations", talking and being defensive as a department. 
3) Redo of the entire process for the exec - waste of time and enery for both parties. 

my policy: systems generally dont work as u want them.. they are programs put together in isolation of each other. when u mix them, they shall react. keep that in mind. 
cc execs need to know that they are the company's representatives and not representatives of their job profiles... keep that in mind and u shall always check before u speak.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice! :)Keep up the good writings